Being in a party and meeting people for the first time is great, but also a bit of challenging. Almost everybody sticks to their social circles and in most cases people will not approach you. On the contrary, you will have to take the first step.
This is specially challenging in latin-afro parties, because you shall dance in couples. Therefore, it is not just about connecting with a woman you don’t know, but taking her to dance at first place. Most guys will go for the “asking for a dance” step. However, in some cases women will respond negatively stating that they are waiting for a friend, or resting for a while. I have experienced that by myself in the past and felt a bit down.
Do it differently
Instead of asking, stand up in front of her, offer your hand and show a slight smile. She will understand and come with you to the dance floor most of the times.
Why does this work differently?
- You are a man who takes what he wants without apologies. Come on, you are not stealing purses, you are offering a woman the chance to have fun.
- You are present in the moment (men and women dancing). There is no need for asking about something which is obvious.
- Emotional strong: you are not concerned about the response of a woman. If she rejects your hand for dancing, then you simply offer it to somebody else who will value it. And by the way…
- You are value and you show value: a woman watching a man coming towards her with confidence and taking her to the dance floor is joyful.
- Enjoyment: you make the first move and therefore have the chance to choose with whom you dance. Isn’t it great? then do not bother and offer the hand.
All these factors are also understood by women through their intuition. Amazingly for men, sometimes speaking less and simply doing it is more fun than explaining things through dozens of words.
Try it out and enjoy leading by dancing.