A few months ago I took a Kizomba course for trying out something completely new. It ended up actually being a short class on masculine and feminine energy.
During the very first class the teachers told me some facts that reminded me about my role as a man:
- The man leads the dancing steps, he must recreate the sensual interaction pleasantly for him and the women he dances with.
- The woman must open herself and trust the man’s movements. She shall follow the steps and complement them with her feminine choreography.
- The man must take firmly and confidently the woman’s body, in order to let her know on which direction to dance. He shall not be ashamed on leading the interaction.
- The man shall be relax and enjoy the dancing steps, which will provide comfort to the woman as well.
- The dance increases the energy gradually. At the beginning there are simple steps for warming-up and building comfort. As the time passes, the man inserts the steps that add beauty and sensuality to the song.
- The songs are mostly about feelings, connection, senses and lovers’ stories. Topics about materialistic lifestyle and/or with negative energy are avoided.
At the beginning I was unsure to try this music. But fortunately I did, and it reminded me to take away the structured thoughts that work / studies place in our heads. And to embrace the beautiful chaos which leads to a natural interaction. Under my lead as a man with the feet on the earth and fun in my dance.